CE/KS3: Science: Biology: Food & Digestion
This Common Entrance & Key Stage 3 Topic pack helps your child learn the important subject of food & digestion. By using an active revision game and illustrations alongside the key points, this topic pack is perfect for your child to learn everything they need to know for their Common Entrance & Key Stage 3 Exams.
This is a fully illustrated revision guide for C.E/KS3 pupils, covering:
- What makes a balanced diet and why it is important for good health.
- Nutrients and why they are needed.
- Different food types.
- How we store energy from food.
- Carbohydrates: what they are, where they are found and why we need them.
- Proteins: what they are, where they are found and why we need them.
- Fats: what they are, where they are found and why we need them.
- Minerals and Vitamins: what they are, where they are found and why we need them.
- Fibre and water and why they are so important.
- Food tests for starch, glucose, sucrose, proteins and fats.
- The digestive process and the digestive system.
- Enzymes used in digestion.
- The importance of the small intestine and villi in the digestion.
This pack includes:
- Revision Booklet with Glossary of Key Terms.
- Active Revision Game.
- Question & Answer Flashcards.
- Write Your Own Notes illustrated booklet.
We Also Recommend