If your child looks at their text books with a feeling of dread, if too much text on a page is, quite simply, too much, then our topic packs can help. Broken down into bite sized chunks, this is a great Common Entrance/KS3 Topic Pack that helps your child with all the key points that they need to know about Coastal Erosion. Each section is broken down into clearly laid out and visually interesting way, so that it is easier and more appealing for your child to get to grips with.
This is a fully illustrated revision guide for CE/KS3 pupils, covering:
- What is the coastal zone?
- Erosion, transportation and deposition and how they affect the coast.
- Rock type and structure, the shape of the coast, wave power and how they affect the coast.
- How waves work.
- Swash and backwash.
- Types of waves.
- Hydraulic action, abrasion, attrition and corrosion.
- The formation of cliffs, bays and headlands.
- The formation of caves, arches, stacks and stumps.
- Longshore drift and the formation of beaches.
- Features of beaches caused by erosion.
- Living by the coast – conservation and conflict.
- Flooding and coastal management.
The Topic Pack includes:
- Revision Booklet with Glossary of Key Terms.
- Active Learning Game.
- Question & Answer Conversation Flashcards.
- Write Your Own Notes illustrated booklet.