Fed up with black and white photocopied worksheets? Struggling with resources with too much text or cluttered pages? If this sounds like your child, we can help. This topic pack has been designed specifically to help visual learners, struggling readers and to make moving information from short term to long term memory quick and effective.
This Common Entrance/KS3 Topic Pack covers all the key points for the Settlement module and works alongside the Population Topic Pack. As always, each section is broken down into clearly laid out, illustrated sections, so that it is easier and more appealing for your child to get to grips with.
This is a fully illustrated revision guide for CE/KS3 pupils, covering:
- What is a settlement?
- What makes a good site for a settlement?
- Hierarchy of settlements.
- Different types of settlement.
- Settlement patterns.
- Urban sprawl and green belts.
- Functions of settlements.
- Reasons for growth or lack of growth.
- Shops and services – thresholds and catchment areas.
- The Olympic Village, London – A Case Study of a Sustainable Settlement.
The Topic Pack includes:
- Revision Booklet with Glossary of Key Terms.
- Active Learning Game.
- Question & Answer Conversation Flashcards.
- Write Your Own Notes Booklet.