CE/KS3: Science: Biology: Fit and Healthy
This Common Entrance & Key Stage 3 Topic pack covers the fit and healthy module of the syllabus. By using an active revision game and illustrations alongside the key points, this topic pack is ideal for revising this new Common Entrance & Key Stage 3 topic.
This is a fully illustrated revision guide for CE/KS3 pupils, covering:
- What is fitness?
- What does it mean to be healthy?
- Measuring fitness.
- Respiration and the release of energy.
- Nutrition and health.
- Causes of weight gain or loss.
- Vitamins and minerals.
- Harmful substances - alcohol, drugs and their effects.
- Breathing and lung capacity.
- Smoking and its effect on our lungs.
- Lung diseases.
- Asthma - triggers and treatment.
- Measuring lung capacity experiment.
- Micro-organisms and diseases.
- Bacteria and viruses.
- Natural defences of the body.
- How white blood cells work.
- How antibodies work.
This pack includes:
- An illustrated Topic Booklet with Glossary of Key Terms.
- Active Learning Game.
- Question & Answer Conversation Flashcards.
- Write Your Own Notes Booklet.
We Also Recommend