Colour Coded Essay Planner
Using an essay planner is a great way to improve your essay-writing skills!
Whether you need it for good marks at school, to write a great answer in an exam, for assignments at college or university or for writing good reports at work, essay writing is an essential skill.
But, it is a skill that so many children (and adults) struggle with.
Looking at a blank piece of paper, it can be hard to get started, let alone craft a cohesive, organised argument.
That’s why we have created our colour-coded essay planner.
Planning essays has several benefits, including:
- Organising ideas and structuring the essay.
- Focusing on the task at hand and addressing the essay question effectively.
- Identifying potential weaknesses or gaps in the argument.
- Saving time and avoiding extensive revisions.
- Identifying necessary sources and evidence to support the argument.
This pack includes a topic booklet giving key tips on writing a great essay, sentence starters and useful words, as well as 20 colour-coded essay planning sheets.
Our colour-coded essay planner pack is available for a super special offer price of just £4.97 for the physical version (photocopying is NOT permitted) or £14.97 for the downloadable version (unlimited downloads and copies).
Why is it Important to Plan Essays?
There are several reasons why planning essays is essential:
- Planning helps to organise ideas and structure the essay. In turn, this allows you to identify the main points you want to make and the evidence you will use to support them, making it easier to write a clear and well-organised essay.
- Essay planning helps you to focus on the task at hand. By planning your essay effectively, you can ensure that your writing stays on topic and addresses the question or prompt you have been given.
- This helps you to identify potential weaknesses or gaps in your argument. Planning allows you to anticipate counterarguments and think about ways to address them, which can strengthen the overall quality of your essay.
- In the end, essay planning saves time. Planning your essay in advance can help you to write more efficiently and avoid the need for extensive revisions later on.
- Finally, planning your essay helps you to identify sources and evidence that you need to include in your essay. Planning will help you to identify the sources and evidence that you need to support your argument and to include them in your essay.
Using Our Essay Planner
Using our essay planner is simple and easy to use. It applies to virtually all styles of essays and every subject. In fact, learning essay planning skills will benefit students beyond school, as learning how to structure long texts is an important life skill.
The essay planner includes:
- An outline template: The essay planner includes a template for creating an outline of your essay, which can help you to organise your ideas and structure your writing.
- Tips: Our essay planner contains a huge range of tips and tricks for essay writing.
- Vocabulary: We’ve included a large selection of useful essay-writing vocabulary to help you take your essay-writing skills to the next level.
Improve your essay writing skills today!