We are currently looking for the following amazing person to join our little team:
Part Time Illustrator/Artworker
Location: based in Portsmouth & Chichester. You will be able to work from home but will be required to come to office for meetings.
Salary: dependent upon experience
Who are we?
Oaka Books is a small publishing company, specialising in creating curriculum based resources for dyslexic and SEN (Special Educational Needs) children aged 7-14yrs. We currently have over 50 topic packs covering sciences, geography, history and French as well as 7 boardgames for reinforcing learning. The ethos of Oaka is to make the curriculum accessible for all, irrespective of their reading ability. Part of this is ensuring that all of our products include top quality illustrations, drawn in a style that reflects the ages of the children for whom each product is designed.
Many of our products have been endorsed by the ISEB (Independent Schools Examinations Board) and we have won industry awards for our work.
We sell our products direct to over 400 UK schools as well as to parents and home educators. Oaka Digital, our online SEN resource library is now being used by around 4,000 people.
Who are we looking for?
We are now starting to develop our GCSE range of online resources and need a new illustrator for this project. This is a new range of products and will give our new illustrator the opportunity to really put his or her mark on the project. Although you will be following the Oaka corporate style, these products will be aimed at an older market and so will need a more sophisticated approach to appeal to this very discerning market!
- You will be able to illustrate in a creative way to a high standard as well as having a good working knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator.
- You will be able to work on your own as well as within a small team.
- You will have a good level of attention to detail, including good proof reading skills.
- You will be able to produce artwork ready for print and have an understanding of the need to meet deadlines.
- You will be able to product artwork for use online and on social media platforms.
- You will have the desire to work on a project that is making a difference to the lives of hundreds of children and will want to make your mark.
Hours: Currently, this is a part time position and hours will fluctuate depending upon the material we receive from our writers. We will work with you to accommodate other work you may have. The position could grow to become full time.
To apply, please email your CV and creative portfolio to: [email protected]
Thank you and good luck!